Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ultimatelyStrong
      Participant

I’m just wondering if anyone has managed to reduce parental conflict when there is a history of domestic abuse that you cannot prove?

My ex is a bully and I am digging my heels in trying not to let him bulldoze me every single day but the result of this is that I am seen as just as bad as him. Obviously I know what he’s like and why he’s doing certain things but when (detail removed by Moderator) and social services don’t see it I feel like I’m fighting a losing battle.

And truth is I am so tired of fighting. Maybe if I just stop then his abusive behaviour will become more obvious? Or maybe I’ll just lose my child because of laying down and taking it.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, is there any way you can use a third party for all contact? Any direct contact with these men allows them to continue to bully and abuse. Get support from women’s aid. You’re not preventing contact with his child just with you because of past abuse. It’s detrimental to both you and your child. If you can’t do this then limit all contact to email where you can keep copies as evidence of his bullying behaviour. Keep a journal too of his behaviour. Once contact agreement is settled there’s no need for him to have access to you. It’s about setting boundaries and ensuring your mental health is taken into account as that affects both you and your child x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content