Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Neverlookback
      Participant

Me and my partner don’t live together anymore but I still see him every day. As I’m registered disabled he is supposed to be my carer. As he goes to the shop every day for himself I asked him if he could pick me some milk up, he refused. It’s not the first time he has done this and I was wondering if this was part of the abuse

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely. It’s his way of keeping control and making you even more dependent so when he eventually gets the milk you’re supposed to be eternally grateful. What kind of a carer won’t pick up milk, one of the essentials? Can you get milk and bread delivered? Or a weekly shopping delivery so you cut him out that loop? Does he have an explanation why he won’t pick up milk? Why don’t you interview for other carers? Ring social services and ask them for advice.

Flowerchild
      Participant

How come he is still your carer, darling? That must be incredibly difficult for you. And it gives him way too many opportunities to let you down, as he clearly is in your example.

Is he claimhg carer’s allowance for looking after you? That needs putting a stop to if he isn’t shaping up to those responsibilities, doesn’t it?

Sounds like he needs the sack and you need a new, better carer!

Flower x

Neverlookback
      Participant

Thanks ladies. He’s always complaining when I ask him to do or get things for me. Then I’m supposed to be grateful when he does. I just need to make that final break and I can’t do it just yet x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content