Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      LittleFirefly
      Participant

I went to see him (detail removed by moderator).. I tried to put a brave face on and hide from him my worrying feelings but he could sense and see through it. He asked me what was wrong, I kept saying nothing and smiling but he said.. (Detail removed by moderator) I thought a (detail removed by moderator) you said you needed a break to concentrate on yourself and (detail removed by moderator) Again I hid these thoughts and because he made me feel safe enough to speak I told him. Not what made me feel this way just how i was feeling. Sad lost humiliated drained ( I missed out scared and ashamed that I was weak enough to go crawling) and that I am going to seek councilling. He was very supportive and actually listened for a change (is this part of the cycle?). He said that councilling was a good idea and he wanted to come with me. I said no but he insisted that he to should speak to my councillor to explain what I’m like and get advice on how he can support me. Does he think I was born yesterday. Am I right in thinking this is all fake?

KIP.
      Participant

Yes. You are right. Trust your gut and work on zero contact.

Yellowflower
      Participant

Yes you are right completely! He wants to give the councillor the idea that you are the problem. Give him the chance and he will gaslight her these men think they can pull the wool over anyone’s eyes. Insist he does not attend this is for you. If you have to explain in a few weeks you will give him an opportunity to speak to your councillor. If you let him lead your councilling there will be no point of you going because you won’t be open to talking especially with him there. Trust your gut hunni

LittleFirefly
      Participant

Thanks girls, I am going to put him off coming for sure.. the whole point is to gain strength for the next break up so I can see it through. Hes the reason I’m going in the first place. I think hes worried what I might say. I know he is starting to realise I’m doing things to build my strength. I offered partners councilling and he refused this and said I need to be stronger for that as it may be upsetting to hear his story. Staying focused at the moment. Doing what needs to be done for the day I break away from the trauma bonding. It’s only a matter of time till he switches again.x

Escapee
      Participant

Good heavens above – they are so predictable once you know what to look out for.

Well done Littlefirefly for not getting sucked in – you are one smart cookie! 😊💕
      Xxxxx

LittleFirefly
        Participant

Honestly he is so predictable. Heaven knows why I love him so much. I seem to love him more during no contact. That’s when I flake x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content