Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mayflower
      Participant

perhaps this is the wrong place to post
      but I had the email from Lisa about a research project thing, and it reminded me what a safe place this had been for me
      I suddenly find myself in need of seeing the familiar names and wanting to know how people are
      I have already spotted karma, and shinebright
      how are you both?
      I will try to find your updates
      I am muddling on – I don’t have much to do with ‘him’ although he is still a presence in my life and what he did still lies like a vast wall between me and my daughter at times

something triggered me off, mh wise, a couple of weeks ago, and I was catapulted back to that weekend when I left him, when he got arrested, and when my whole world tipped on its head
      so I guess at the moment I am not so well, but I had been doing better before this

anyway
      my love and good wishes to any who need them
      MF xx

White Rose
      Participant

Hi mayflower
      I’m having a wobbly time too its the time of year when a particular anniversary comes up and the last 3 years with him he ignored it. That hurt, and although I’ve been away from him for quite some time I’ve got butterflies and find myself thinking will he remember? I think he does as he’s been trying to contact again to get me to rise to the bait. His emails are bring added to the 1000 of so i have saved “just in case” but I’m not replying.
      I think all of our lives will be up and down and memories will trigger things but I think we’ll get to accept its temporary downs and we’ve learned to move forward.
      I had the email from Lisa too. It got me thinking but I don’t think it has anything at all to do with my wobble. In fact I felt empowered by it! Someone actually wants our help with something and we might make a difference for others. I think I’m going to do it. I trust them and if I crumble and back out or its too much to handle I know they’ll not push me but respect me.
      Take care and look after yourself xxxx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content