Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Morning ladies,

I’ve posted here a few times now and I will try and contact “live chat” today as advised by you all.

I realised last night that this FOG, trauma bonding or whatever it is, goes as far back as childhood.

I was (detail removed by moderator) and he was in his mid (detail removed by moderator) in a position of trust and I trusted him. We had a relationship for a long time – this also was abuse! I’ve never done anything about reporting him I just swept it under the carpet and moved on. I never wanted to expose him or ruin his life even though I have no loyalty to him? His still in a position of trust and the more I wonder about my own life now I think maybe I should log a report about him..

I know I have more immediate matters to deal with but maybe dealing with this past trauma will give me strength to move forward?

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely. My abuser was in a position of trust and you can bet there are other victims. You’re not that naive victim anymore.

KIP.
      Participant

And yes you’re hugely more likely to be a victim in adulthood if you were a victim as a child. Have you tried counselling?

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

KIP – obviously this was a long time ago, how long do you have to report things?

Also what about evidence?

Or do I just report and let them deal with it..?

I also think it will show my OH now that I’m stronger and ready to act.

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

On waiting list through my IDVA

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content