Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Imagesha
      Participant

Well, he is away and I’m packing.
      I never seriously thought he could turn violent and hurt me. Now I know he has done it to other women.
      I’m lucky to have time to pack and run. It feels horrible but now I’m seriously scared.
      I had dropped the idea of running away in the dark, and I was planning to speak to him and then go. But I had a chat with a member of his family and it turns out he has been violent with his ex girlfriends.
      Not with me. But that doesn’t change things.
      So girls, be careful. Even if you think that he would never turn violent, don’t risk it. I almost fell for it.
      And I have this vague premonition that I may get my dose of violence all in one go.

KIP.
      Participant

You’re absolutely doing the right thing. I wish I had gone with my gut before I was assaulted but I kept telling myself I was different and he would never hurt me, the final assault was one of the nicer things he did to me. If you can be violent to a woman then you can cheat, lie, steal, and every other type of nastiness. They come in a package. Get out and stay safe. Keep us posted. You’re being very strong and I know the emotions that you must be feeling. Power to you x

Imagesha
        Participant

That’s what he told me, that I am different from the “others”. He called his exes “psycho” and “sl_t”.
        And he definitely comes in the package.

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Imagesha

Well done you.

It’s all too easy to ignore the reality because we’re so desperate for the happy ending.

You are doing the right thing, even if it’s not the easy thing.

Please block him from everything and drop off his radar.

Imagesha
        Participant

Hi Eggshells, yes it’s not easy at all. I’ve been crying a lot.
        But I fell for it once, leaving and going back. I will not do the same mistake.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content