Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

I was thinking about this recently. My ex was and is a pathalogical liar. His lies were so outrageous and unbelievable but said with such conviction and repeated over and over again that even I began to believe them. It’s also backed up by the threat of violence if you don’t believe what he says. Also the disbelief that anyone would say such things. ‘I swear on my daughters life I won’t ever do that again’.
      Maybe some pathalogical lies might enlighten us along with the Gaslighting thread. I’m sure there are many that abusers use.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Its the poker face that goes with the lies. No hint of whether they’re joking, serious or lying, that’s what i find hard to comprehend. I know people lie, some are justified, when you’re lying because your life depends on it, the wee white lies to not cause any hurt or offense. But when its done without even thinking twice(obviously learned at a young age in order to protect yourself)to justify yoy get b what you want, that’s wrong. How do you change such ingrained behaviour? I dont think it can be changed UNLESS that person wants to change. And why would they, they get whatever they want by lying.
      💕💕

lover of no contact
      Participant

I think they get the Power surge from lying. They have one up on us so to speak. We think its one thing. They make out its another. They smirk to themselves knowing they are duping us. Sick personality. My boss lies constantly. She is an abuser. Every word that comes out of her mouth is not the truth. She also loves asking questions where she knows the answer to them. A simple exam. where is so and so? And she knows. Everything she utters is like that. Its great to have awareness. I can choose to ignore. It would actually be comical if it wasn’t so painful and causes harm.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content