Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Strawberrysun
      Participant

Hi has anyone has any success with getting emergency accommodation with pets? I really can’t leave my pet behind and atm if feels like that’s the only thing I have left. Tia.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hello Strawberrysun

Sorry that you have to flee your home and it is absolutely wise to not leave any pets behind because of the abuse they will likely suffer also.

Have you spoken to anyone about Refuge so far? I haven’t personally heard of large pets being accepted into refuge. Some I think I’ve heard may take the smaller kinds, like mice, animals in cages, but I’m sure they would know locally where animals can be taken in and looked after whilst you are in refuge.

Have you considered having him removed from the property instead of you having to flee due to DA? Its an alternative way to go meaning you wouldn’t need to leave with your pet. You could do that via an occupation order, both occupation orders and non-molestation orders can be found online at .gov website, and can all be applied for free of charge.

Let us know how you get on. Another, is whether you know of someone that could look after the pet for you whilst you are away?

warmest wishes

ts

StrongLife
      Participant

I looked into this. There was a place the domestic violence advocate put me onto. Three months free pet accommodations at pet shelters. Ask advocate if they have it in your area.

Or if you are going into hotels there are hotels that take animals. Call tourist information for that. They have a wide variety to keep your pet with you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content