Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Toffeeapple
      Participant

Hello ladies

My husband got angry with me (detail removed by Moderator) over something trivial. Earlier in the day he was affectionate. I made him jump, I thought he’d heard me.
      He became revengeful, saying,’ (detail removed by Moderator).’
      If it had been our adult son who made him jump, he wouldn’t have said anything to him. I felt angry and told him to grow up. I get fed up with keeping quiet. I’ve read that you have to be careful with reactive abuse,they will turn it against you.Anyway I apologised. My son says he’s petty, I agree. The day started out well, sun shining, had fun with my dog. What went wrong. Sorry, just needed to tell someone. Take care. X.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Toffeeapple,

So sorry that you’re going through this. The truth is that abusers will always find something to get angry about. Changing moods unexpectedly keeps you on your toes, walking on eggshells, trying to appease them to avoid the consequences. It’s very controlling and not okay, you deserve to be able to live freely without his aggression and nasty words.

You have nothing at all to apologise for here. I’m glad that you have this space to share in.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content