Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Helpmeimfedup
      Participant

I have on a few occasions taken photos of the marks he’s left and any injuries etc is this actually any good as ‘evidence’ as it could be my word against his? Also where should I hide these as they are currently on my phone in a folder.

Pinkvelvet
      Participant

I can’t help with whether the photos will be classed as evidence or not as I don’t have enough knowledge about reporting physical abuse, but I think what you’ve done by documenting the abuse is a good idea. I’m sorry you’re going through this ❤️

As for hiding the photos, I used to write notes on my phone about things that were happening and then password protect the note, and give it a different name like ‘Christmas gifts’ so it didn’t seem suspicious.

Are you able to password protect the album? You could also try and give the album a vague, ambiguous name too.

I hope this helps in some way.

Pinkvelvet
      Participant

Also just another thought after I posted – could you maybe create a backup on Dropbox or onedrive / google drive and store them on there as an alternative solution? Just make sure it’s your personal email / account you’re using of course, and don’t leave yourself logged in. Not sure if having the photos time stamped would matter or not… which your phone should be able to do so if it’s safe to do so, maybe don’t delete them from your phone just incase 💕

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Helpmeimfedup

its good to have the evidence, but you do need to keep it safe, I wouldn’t have said that a phone is a safe place, not where an abuser is concerned. Its the first place they target to find out what you’re up to.

Can you forward them to someone to keep safe for you? You can forward all your stuff to the police if you have a police contact on email? or to a trusted friend/family? Maybe a couple of places just to be sure, could you get them put onto a card and printed out?

Sorry that you’ve suffered like this, and I hope you are feeling stronger from the support thats here for you.

warmest wishes

ts

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content