Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Loose
      Participant

Is it abuse that my partner takes graphic photos and videos of me every day!?
      Im confused because its been happening for years, im just not sure if its normal.

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hi, if you do not want him to take images of you and he continues then yes that’s abusive behaviour. Have you said no to him? Or are you worried how he will behave if you explain to him that you do not want him taking graphic photos of you.

I would suggest contacting your local womans aid, or messaging them on chat on here. Also, living with the Dominater by Pat Craven is helpful.

You are not alone, keep posting or reading other stories on here can help ❤

Loose
      Participant

Thank you for you reply, i think im just so used to it and i dont think i have the fight in me to say no

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Loose

I’m sorry that this has become so normalised for you. Its clear that you are not glad that this has been happening.

Its so exposing to have yourself filmed daily so graphically, and no, its not ok, it crosses huge boundaries and requires very explicit consent, just like sex would, or any removal of clothing/intimacy.

He has no right to access your body, your body is your own, and for you to have full control of at all times engaging in activities you fully enjoy. Noone has any right to remove one single layer of clothing from you, or photograph you intimately.

Its really very abhorrent that you have been subjected to this for so long, and still are.

You will see from his reaction if you say ‘no’ to it again, what this is all about, but I suspect you are already very aware of what his reaction will be to you putting a stop to it.

If he wants to take graphic shots and videos he can do them of himself and upload them, he has no right to do this to you. There is no private or protected space on a phone camera, its all accessible by multiple agencies, and he has no right to do this to you.

Do keep talking though, as it will give you strength to know that other women here do understand what you are suffering and how exhausting it is to fight against.

Know that you have support her to protect yourself, and understanding of the affect on you.

warmest wishes

ts

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

My ex did this all the time too. The camera was like a third party in our marriage. I hated it but he said he wouldn’t stop and I should be flattered. He wanted me to pose all the time and outside. It was the escalation of this that made alarm bells start ringing for me.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content