Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello ladies,
      Well, yes, I realise we are not allowed to post anything here which pertains to a legal procedure…

However, I wanted to share how I feel about starting the PIP appeal process.

I got mine taken away from me sometime last year, and it was a body blow at the time, I got very depressed about the report that was sent. Thought it was downright cruel and certainly not accurate.

I hauled myself out of that and now have a caseworker to help me through the appeals process.

I have done a mandatory reconsideration (first) which is really not that difficult (google it) – and have now done my appeal form online.

At the moment one difficult thing is that I am waiting for the medical evidence to drop through the mat in the post. I am just hoping the Dr. will say the right thing (I have had many bad experiences with G.ps that did not understand psychological abuse or emotional abuse or D.A). so this is a hurdle.

It is only really now in some ways that I am a far few years out that I feel able to stand up for myself and my mental health. Previous to that obviously and this comes as standard for anyone with an abusive ex partner with whom they have kids..I feel..I was too scared as he threatened me with my mental health and threatened to take my child off me. So I didn’t talk about it for years…which didn’t do me a lot of good..

I’m noticing that a mandatory reconsidertation is really not that difficult to do either for PIP or for ESA…

Anyone else going along these roads and how do you feel about it? All best ftc
      It is rather a depressing thing to do, perhaps we could ‘jolly each other along’ if such a thing is possible?

All best
      ftc
      x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Thank you ftc, anything along these lines certainly knocks a loot of people’s confidence. I’m glad your getting the strength to appeal the decision also. Most appeals are given too. Xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content