Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Aliceinwonderland
      Participant

Hi me again, so we have been separated a while and I am managing to massively reduce contact so now only speaking on hand over with children. He keeps asking to meet for coffee but I am staying strong and insisting all discussion re: child arrangements be made via email. Or mediation which is costing us both. He knows the law is on my side now after I was supported in my wishes fir supervised contact which he has agreed to for the time being. Anyway due to weekend being supervised he has to spend more time with his family. Which I don’t think he likes too much. He has asked me if he can arrange to take kids on holiday with (Detail removed by Moderator). I have no idea why he would request this: I said I would think about it abd he replied (Detail removed by Moderator).
      (Detail removed by Moderator) is like my best friend she would do anything for the kids too but to me this request is odd and makes me uncomfortable.
      For starter she very old and needs some assistance dressing which he wouldn’t be able to do. I don’t think he would call her, I think it’s just another mind game? I just don’t get it at all ☹️

KIP.
      Participant

Trust your gut and stick to the original plan. My ex came up with all sorts of crazy ideas to play with my mind. Ignore them. Don’t even respond. He has supervised contact for a reason. Do not allow any deviation. They wear us down. Whether he likes spending time with his family or not isn’t your problem or your concern. Your children are number one. I’d definitely get something legal in place and don’t engage with his nonsense. You are in charge. They are liars and manipulators x

Aliceinwonderland
        Participant

Thank u for ur reply Kip I think that’s what I needed to hear. The thing is time away and space has really helped me, which he doesn’t get at all. But it’s been quiet for a couple of weeks so I think he’s just trying to reel me back in. After everything I don’t want my family members supervising his contact because I know he will try to get them on his side. He has already used the mentally unstable card against me with mutual friends and I can’t cope with him using my own relatives against me. My gut says no too. He’s still not a good person towards me and I cannot trust his intentions x*x
        Trusting your intuition is so hard when someone has been abusing you and controlling you mentally for years but now I’m learning my worry and bad gut feelings are actually telling me something useful and I need to learn to listen to myself. Thanks again x*x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content