Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bettertimesahead
      Participant

So once again hes playing victim on social media. Making it obvious hes in a hostel etc etc . Cant live without me, needs me back etc. I dont see his social media but have had messages( supportive) from mutual friends who have seen them. I dont want to block him as I need to know what hes posting so I just look when I need to. Hes blocked on phone. I just hate it, it upsets my son, feels like all our issues are out in the public arena and I worry what else he will put. Was doing ok but now all uptight again.

KIP.
      Participant

You don’t need to know what he’s posting and I’d ask your friends not to tell you. Any contact is toxic and that includes social media. Your son doesn’t need to see it or hear about it either. Encourage him to block everything too. Its obvious your ex isn’t interested in anything but continued coercive control, if your friends see anything threatening then they can ring the police or an ambulance for him. You need to stop all contact now or your mental health will just keep getting worse x

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

He has photos that I am concerned about. We have loads of mutual friends unfortunately although they are mainly more mine. He has alienated a lot of people. In a way at least itvcalidates my stance as he is not making himself look v good.

KIP.
      Participant

If he has compromising photos of you then please inform the police. Let them get them back for you and warn him. They will be very sensitive about things. Speak to the domestic abuse unit. He’s not your responsibility and yes they let their mask slip when they lose control but they can also become very dangerous x talk to the national domestic abuse helpline or your local women’s aid x

Scottish Thistle
      Participant

My Ex did that and still to this day plays the victim on social media, we may think it about people but those who read his posts aren’t stupid and know the truth. Those who comment and fuel his posts are doing just that for the entertainment factor. I was like you didn’t block mine on Facebook or Instagram for the same reassigns as you say but I have since blocked him on everything out of my life and to be honest it’s like a weight has been taken off and work/friends have commented I’m sounding and looking happier than I have in a while. Yes he’s still causing me problems through third parties but I have a different coping mechanism now than I had before.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content