Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #132735

      hello everyone,

      i hope you are all in good health and safe.
      my GP lazily said i should go for IAPT talking therapies to help me cope and i had to make the referral myself havent heard anything back in ages.
      i feel like im getting nowhere so i really want a clinical pyscologist to help me but i dont know how to get one? what if my GP declines can i sit in a and e and demand one?

      my Mental health is declining i have so many issues mentally and i want this diagnosed.. i dont just want a therapy i want it to be diagnosed by a professional clinical pyscologist im sick of diagnosing myself. please help.

      i lost my baby (detail removed by moderator) left an abusive marriage and i reported my husband to the police for the abuse. i just feel i need so much MH support as i have bad dreams every night and have no desire to move and i also have insomnia its so late and cant sleep. please help.

    • #132737

      I’d try here and see if you can find someone with the appropriate background a d experience. Don’t get too focussed on a diagnosis. Just deal with the symptoms you’re going through just now. One step at a time. Your local women’s aid or MP may know of local charities. I found a great one that offered free counselling. Break things down into tiny portions. How do you eat an elephant? One teaspoon at a time x

    • #132765
      Main Moderator

      Hi Brokenheartedgirl1234,

      I just wanted to show you some support along with KIP who has given really good advice. I am sorry to hear about everything you have been through.

      You could try going back to your GP to discuss your mental health again, or speak to IAPT Talking Therapies directly to check they have your referral and find out how long the waiting list is.

      KIP has mentioned a good website, and there is also the counselling directory at This is a website that lists counsellors that are listed with recognised professional bodies or those who have sent in copies of their qualifications and insurance cover. If you’re in need of support, you can search their website to be connected with a professional counsellor or psychotherapist.

      Some local domestic abuse services also offer counselling too, you can find their details here

      Take care and please keep posting,


Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content