Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Camel
      Participant

In my experience there are more plus points to being free of abuse at 50 than 40 or 30 or 20…

The pretty boys have got jowly.
      The bad boys look desperate.
      The charmers pay so much maintenance they live in bedsits.
      You can spot a cheesy line from 100 yards.
      You realise that being single is liberating and to be ‘picky’ is essential.
      You know for a fact that your life won’t be made complete by laundering a man’s pants.

fizzylem
      Participant

Ha ha ha ha, brilliant, so funny, thanks Camel, made me laugh no end and all so very true. I can personally add, feeling content in pulling on a pair joggers and going bra less as often as I feel. Going to think of some more and come to your post, too much fun to be had here, just got to walk my dog – will ponder and amuse x

KIP.
      Participant

Love it. Being a woman over 50 x

Headspinning
      Participant

Hey Fizzy elm – don’t need to be over 50 to be braless in joggers!!
      I’m hurtling towards big five-0 and have been rocking out in my joggers for years!! (Surprised the ex didn’t claim this was abuse to him!!)

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Not 50 yet either but this post made me laugh thank you so much 😄

fizzylem
      Participant

My child said to me yesterday dad’s always looking at himself, he cant pass by a mirror without an inspection – made me chuckle, thought yes can recall, reminded me again of the similarity with the story of Narcissus. I imagine it’s hell now as his boyish good looks have long since vanished lol – and he has a big round beer belly, with a chin to match – I know that will really bother him. Vein and beautiful is never a nice place, but vein and ageing must be a daily battle and one he will never win lol.

Whereas I simply couldn’t give a dam – and that feels pretty good x

Escapee
      Participant

😂 great idea for a post Camel

Here’s one…..
      Being able to go out with friends to busy bars and know you’ll be left in peace to enjoy your night out without some over ego’d prat thinking he has a ‘chance’.

Fizzy…..I too love being able to go make up free, braless (my cat steals mine!) and in comfy clothes. 😊

fizzylem
        Participant

Lol so true, great not being bothered by pests anymore for sure! xx

KIP.
      Participant

My ex was so vein too. Typical n********t and now he can’t rely on his boyish good looks and he’s balding now which was his biggest nightmare. Huge belly now and jowls. I read that they become even more mean in older life as they become bitter. Thank goodness he’s not my problem anymore. His life is still chaos and always will be. So glad I’m free x

Cecile
      Participant

I was out walking the other day and a man and his dog approached. His lab played with my dog who had just been for a groom. The man leered at me and said “he,likes the pretty ones, so do I” and he blew a kiss. I replied “don’t be so b****y stupid” and marched on. Over 50 rocks!!

fizzylem
        Participant

pmsl thanks C x

KIP.
      Participant

🙈🤮

fizzylem
      Participant

We take our self worth from the love and relationships we have hey – this is what leaves us feeling beautiful and this is the beauty we see in others. Can ‘almost’ pity these poor creatures, laughing is much more fun x

Fudgecake
      Participant

“You know for a fact that your life won’t be made complete by laundering a man’s pants.” LOL Camel this made me laugh so much and it’s so true! 😀

Coolbreeze
      Participant

Lol thank you!!!

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Absolutely camel.I love being over 50. My ex is the same fizzy, can’t pass a mirror! I look at him and he does nothing for me. But then I know the monster he is. Ive yet to look at another man and think I’d like to get to know you. Tbh I really don’t want or need a man in my life to make me whole. We are whole beings before these men came into our lives, their egos can’t accept this.
      IWMB 💞💞

bravelassie
      Participant

Hi Camel
      i am so in agreement with you.Thanks for sharing and make me smile.x*x

Camel
      Participant

Hi all, I’ve been offline for a while and had forgotten I’d posted this! So glad I made you laugh!

I used to know a guy who had the nickname ‘(removed by moderator)’ because his shirt was so tight over his massive beer gut that if a button popped it would take your eye out. He was approaching 50, with false teeth that would slip when he talked and a big sweaty head. Despite this he would park himself with a good view of the street and drool over passing ‘talent’ – generally young enough to be his daughter. Fortunately he was likeable in other ways and we got on but I found his level of delusion incredible. His view of himself was so left field of reality it was hilarious.

But he isn’t a funny one-off. How many of you have been propositioned by a man like Buttons?

How many times have we thought, even for just a moment, that Buttons is better than nothing?

Lord save me from the desperation of settling for a Buttons!

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi @Camel, yes definitely save us from those Buttons🙈🙈🙈 being over 50, I’m comfortable being me, certainly became more so since I left my oh. No longer worried about being called frigid,or a les..an just cos I won’t entertain a guys advances. These mem are so delusional, i don’t think they actually own a mirror.

Humour is a great healer, it helps us so much
      IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content