Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Nothinglikeme
      Participant

I’ve just spoken to the police to update them on more incidents to be added to a MASH report – seriously concerned about my husbands mental health, or if it’s not that it’s very manipulative gaslighting which could lead to anything, either way it’s dangerous. They basically told me I was wasting their time. Why is policing so inconsistent? I’ve spoken to some great officers over the years but also some completely horrible ones. I feel stupid for calling them.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Please don’t feel stupid calling them. It’s important that all of the evidence is built up. Unfortunately, in all jobs, there will be some people who just don’t care.

Is there anyone else you can tell if the police won’t listen?

fizzylem
      Participant

Sigh. It’s hard enough hey without these knock backs; lots of people just simply dont get it, or undertsand what is abuse or the complexities. The officer was clearly ignorant on this occassion. x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear Nothinglikeme

You are not stupid, that is the reaction of someone whose been wronged, ignored and shut down.

It is tue fault of the person who treaed you this way, the police.

Wish i could inspire belief in police,but similar stories here I’m afraid.

Women and children are dying because of it.

Please don’t let their response affect you, stix to your guns and keep getting stronger, even in the face of adversity.

You know you are right just keep on telling them, regardless of response.

Also approach others involved to report too?

You have been strong to do that,keep on keeping on.

Warmest wishes
      TS

diymum@1
      Participant

im not sure with this being the police but maybe your MP could be your next port of call xx womens aid support worker to go with you to see a different police officer? xx its such a shame that something drastic has to happen to take stock x it should be this way love diymum

diymum@1
      Participant

shouldnt

Twisted Sister
      Participant

You just provoked further thought with your helpful suggestions DIYmum…maybe the police commissoner?

There should also be a police complaints procedure, if you have received energy for this.

I wish we al had the energy to pursue all the badly mismanaged.

I have been to the PCC on a different matter.
      They are in charge of stregic measures which makes them I feel very important for da. across the country.
      check website, they are supp;osed be the voice of the general public…tfc
      x

EbonyRaven
      Participant

I’m really sorry they treated you that way. Did you speak to the dv unit? Please don’t give up, you are doing the right thing.
      x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content