Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Statshine
      Participant

So
      I got out in (detail removed by moderator).

Actually coping really well.

Yesterday I had (detail removed by moderator) calls in really quick succession from numbers I didn’t recognise so I didn’t answer.
      Picked up a message today it was the police wanting to talk to me about an incident.

(Detail removed by moderator) my ex’s sister texted me a nasty message. This morning I picked up the phone message.

Called 101, they no longer need to speak to me and wont say why they wanted me. I did report the abuse and am now doubting myself.
      I have screenshots of the messages, a couple of videos and a some emails.
      I have an appointment on Tuesday, what happens? I have no idea what I am doing, if its strong enough, if I’m doing the right thing.
      I just wanted it to go away.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Statshine

I just wanted to show you some support. I am glad you are coping well at the moment, it took a lot of strength and courage to speak to the police. You can find lots of useful information about the police here https://www.womensaid.org.uk/the-survivors-handbook/police-and-the-cps/

The police should explain everything to you when you meet with them, maybe you could write down some questions you have and then ask them at your appointment so that you feel more informed about the process.

You could also get in touch with your local domestic abuse service https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/ as sometimes they can attend meetings with the police and also guide you through everything.

Take care

Lisa

Statshine
      Participant

Police have said its not criminal
      Right up until I showed them the evidence (detail removed by moderator).

They are going to see him (detail removed by moderator)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content