Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      maddog
      Participant

It’s been a very long time since I made a statement. I’m feeling completely forgotten about. Either police have done what they said they’d do, or they haven’t. I get the feeling that the perp has gone to ground. If he has, basically I will have been ignored and evidence will have been destroyed. I feel quite annoyed and let down. Hopefully I’m wrong. I’ve been quite unworried about potential investigation and I know these things take time. It’s beginning to itch and my head’s beginning to spin a bit.

StrongLife
      Participant

I’ve been let down continuously by police and not at all helped. I feel it’s lucky they answer the phone at all here.

maddog
      Participant

I’ve found the police helpful in the past. The first time I reported an abuser, I was terrified. There’s still quite a lot the police can do to keep us safe, although sadly so much of the time their hands are tied.

There’s still so much wrong with the system. I expect I’ll hear something soon.

The perpetrator is living in Cloud Cuckoo Land and whatever his reality, it’s not backed by evidence.

I’d like to hear that the police have done what they said they were going to do. Abusers destroy lives.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content