Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      gettingtired
      Participant

I can’t say too much but it’s all coming to a head.. I’m being so backed into a corner that I’ve got not choice but to leave quite soon. I can’t go on much longer, his bullying is making me ill. He is trying to force me into a financial tie which I’m too frightened to say no to because he has our animal still. I need to get the animal from him before he makes me agree to this financial situation else I will then owe him a fair amount of money. Not the end of the world but not ideal financially.
      I’m literally terrified, he has been contacting me screaming and demanding I do x,y and z. What happens if I can’t get my animal before all Hell breaks loose? Will the police accompany you last minute into the property? I have a house key but it isn’t legally my house so will that even be allowed? It’s my animal though!

Eggshells
      Participant

I don’t know about the legalities but if you have a house key then it’s not breaking and entering.

You could try contacting your local animal rescue service to see if they can help. The connection between domestic abuse and animal abuse is so intrinsic that its actually one of the questions you’re asked as part of a dv risk assessment (“How does he treat family pets?”)

I don’t think that the police will accompany you. They stopped police assisted extractions in my area a few years ago (weeks before I left). I suspect that other forces have followed suit but there is no harm in ringing them or your local dv charity to ask.

Good luck my lovely and stay safe. xx

gettingtired
        Participant

Thank you Eggshells. I didn’t think they would assist. I feel so guilty at the thought of taking our pet but he just leaves me with no other choice? I couldn’t trust what he would threaten to do.. or worse actually do! Xx

longjourneylife
      Participant

Call 101 for a Breach of Peace appointment to collect your pet and any other personal belongings. Basically the police will accompany you on an agreed date and time (usually within 24 hours or a few days notice. beware they could be late so have somewhere safe to be in case the are delayed) Hope it works out for you X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content