Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Stillsmile
      Participant

My abuser sent me a photo face (detail removed by Moderator). I feel stressed and harrassed by it. I told the police when they came round to check my “safety” but they didn’t do anything.

I’ve now been told by police I have to report it. Feel like I’m constantly reporting him. I feel also in ways that I’ve started a whole new abuse as police told me to write to him and ask for my car key as he won’t give it to me.

Little nervous now what’s gonna happen next from him

KIP.
      Participant

You need to keep reporting to establish a pattern of behaviour. Speak to a solicitor. Most give free advice, I think what the police told you was wrong. Do not contact him directly. If he has your car key, it’s theft. Report him for theft and tell the police to go and get your key. It’s only natural to be nervous. That’s why it’s important to have absolutely no contact with these abusers. Any contact brings on anxiety X

Stillsmile
      Participant

Thank you, the police could have opened me to being a sitting target now as he could get in my car and be waiting for me x
      Thing is this picture was sent (detail removed by Moderator)

Suntree
      Participant

I would change the locks on the car instead.

Sometimes we need to think outside of the normal ways of dealing with a decent person because they are not.

See if you can find a good locksmith that will do it rather than a dealer, cheaper and better that way.

Indiamalachite
      Participant

I think @kip is right, don’t get into negotiations with him, report and then change locks. I was told the police could go pick some stuff up from abuser once but don’t know if they do this everywhere. They could tell him to bring it in to police station or something couldnt they? But if you’re worried change locks. The photo thing is designed to mess with your head isn’t it? 🙁 hope you’re ok, try and do something to switch off like listen to music etc. xx

Stillsmile
      Participant

Hi all, I’ve took a massive step as he’s been to my house while I was at work, I’m now making a statement with the police over the assault and coming to the house.

I just can’t cope living in fear x

Ayanna
      Participant

Speak to Rights of Women of who has to ensure your safety. When you are clued up the police will do more for you. You might be eligible to get a CCTV from the council.

Stillsmile
      Participant

Thank you

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content