Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Purplegirl
      Participant

Hi all..well [detail removed by moderator] my ex has finally been interviewed by the Police it’s only took them moths to do. They contacted me after to say they’ve interviewed him and now they will look into everything. The detective asked if I had any questions but my head is all over the place I don’t know what I should be asking?
      I knew my ex would deny it all which he has and I just feel so confused and hurt right now. Should I have asked the detective questions today? Am I wrong that I couldn’t think of anything there and then when he rang? I just feel so numb..i have no family or friends to talk to and feel so alone

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there, its completely understandable that your mind went blank. Youre dealing with trauma. Take a few deep breaths. You have a right to be kept informed of the investigation so when youre feeling stronger you can ring the officer with any questions you have. Victim Support are a great organisation and they will help you through the process. Jot down any questions that you think of over the next few days. It could be about your personal safety. What bail conditions are in place. You may think of other potential witnesses or evidence. Try not to worry. The investigations take ages. Ive been through it right up to court so feel free to personal message me as we are not allowed to go into detail on this public forum. Remember the helpline number on here is available 24 hrs a day. Hang in there x

Jessica
      Participant

Hi. Im new to this forum and new to the level of verbal abuse I have suffered in the last [detail removed by moderator] years by my partner who is now my ex. Im learning now what abuse actually is and on reflection, im shocked at how much of it I suffered. I am not safe until the police arrest him as he was physically abusive to me [detail removed by moderator] and made threats towards me. I saw a different side to him and luckily I we were on holiday instead of my home as I wouldn’t have easily escaped him if we were in my home, as at times he was conscious of covering his tracks while we were in a more public environment, although there was nobody about for ages while the physical abuse was happening.

I feel so fragile right now but know that keeping a clear head as much as possible and outsmarting him has saved my life.

I want to celebrate my life from now on and not allow him to be in my thoughts all the time although this is difficult right now. I know the police are protecting me and I will not allow the abuser drive me out of my home. I am important and my happiness is in my hands not his! Jessica

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content