Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      cakepops
      Participant

I applied for a new job working (detail removed by moderator), and am awaiting my criminal records checks.

As is often the case, when family court got involved in our situation my ex suddenly started saying that I was actually the abusive person in the relationship. I know he has told lots of services this including social services, GP, school etc. He has since made several reports against me to social services for child abuse/neglect, all of which were closed very quickly as either no further action taken or more recently malicious. He also told a mutual friend that he had reported me to the police for abuse although I never heard anything from them and obviously as it didnt happen theres no evidence.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this will all come up as info on my police checks? If so will it just he ignored given theres never been any legitimate concerns about me?

KIP.
      Participant

Different roles require different levels of criminal record check. A basic check highlights unspent convictions and conditional cautions. Employers can carry out a basic check for any kind of role. We are a registered with the DBS as a Responsible Organisation approved to submit basic checks through a web service. 1

Individuals can also request their own basic check online through the DBS website.

A standard check flags up any spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings. An enhanced check is a more thorough check of someone’s criminal record history.

Hope this helps, I don’t think you have anything to be concerned about. My ex accused me of all sorts of things and I spent the day in a police cell and was released without charge. They are so predictable. Trying to become the victim. Idiots x

cakepops
      Participant

Thanks, it will be an enhanced check so I know that flags up other stuff as well as convictions which is why I’m worried. I’m pretty sure it wont make a difference to me being offered the job, but its hugely embarrassing.

KIP.
      Participant

Standard: This reveals a higher level of detail than the Basic check – such as spent and unspent convictions, reprimands, cautions, and final warnings. It’s expected for roles that involve working with children or vulnerable adults – such as social workers or childminders. From this level of check upwards, you’ll need to submit more documents to prove your identity.
      Enhanced: This covers everything within the Standard check, as well as any additional information held by police that would be relevant including searching barred lists (i.e. people who’ve been barred from working with children or vulnerable adults). Teachers, doctors and other people with high levels of responsibility in unsupervised conditions with children or vulnerable adults would usually expect this level of check.

KIP.
      Participant

I doubt even the enhanced check would disclose malicious accusations from an abusive partner. Even if they do it’s not embarrassing it’s empowering that you escaped and that you have that lived experience x

Eggshells
      Participant

I just sent a really long post but it’s vanished.

Long story short, I just looked at the categories on my enhanced DBS. I’m confident you can relax and enjoy your new job. xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content