Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      StrongLife
      Participant

Police have not helped, blamed me when I am one injured and given tokenism things.

No offer of anything. Multiple calls resulted in sometimes no attendance causing dramas. In end it’s hard to believe they help at all. He used to police to intimidate me in end. Multiple times on intimidation.

It’s weird.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi StrongLife,

I’m so sorry that this was your experience of involving the police. It must have been so disheartening, and the fact that your abuser was able to use them to intimidate you is awful. You should be able to expect to be taken seriously whenever you contact the police for help and to be met with a service that understands domestic abuse and can spot the dynamics at play. We know that there are still improvements to be made but also that a lot of women, many on this forum, have had very positive responses from the police who have been invaluable in helping them to get and stay safe. I know that when that hasn’t been your personal experience, it can be hard to believe, but in an emergency situation when at risk of immediate harm, calling 999 and asking the police to attend is what Women’s Aid advises to keep safe from that harm.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content