Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ssss
      Participant

Hi was just wondering if anyone has any experience/information about to go go about obtaining records of incidents were the police have been called to a property.. My husband would call the police.. With him claiming to be a victim… During these times there were different outcomes.. I was arrested.. He was arrested.. I was asked to leave.. Never any charges… But.. One year he had called them over (detail removed by Moderator) times.. I wanted to obtain a log of this information.. Does anyone kno a name or a request I would need to ask for.. I kno I could give crime number. Individually.. But not practical.. Is there something about requesting call outs to a property.. Thanks if anyone can help would be great..

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hi. Today I called police to obtain crime number for an incident (detail removed by Moderator) ago where my husband was removed from my home. I think there is a log of information that is held and accessible for you to acquire details for incidents going back, I don’t know how long though? As for the desk clerk or duty sergeant is my best suggestion if that helps? I was connected to my local police station and had a very helpful lady talk with me, give details I required! Good luck!

Ssss
      Participant

Thankyou hazydayz… Yes I guess I just need to speak to someone I will ask for desk Clark and see what they come up with.. Thankyou.

diymum@1
      Participant

I know your solicitor can request them xx if ur self representing then there will be a form to fill in xx

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi Ssss,

Don’t pay a solicitor to do this, you can do it yourself for free and online, it’s easy.

It’s called a Subject Access Request (SAR). Go on to the website of your local police force and search SAR in their search box, or look for a tab that says Requesting Information.

Under the Data Protection Act anyone can ask the Police what information is held on them. Fill in the online form, attach two pieces of identification to prove who you are and a brief resume of what information you would like and a date/time frame. They have to send it to you within 31 days. You can request it be emailed to you or sent in the post. I’m sure email will be more secure for you.

Ask for crime reports and incident reports relating to you and your address. Information will be redacted if it refers to third parties, but all information that refers to YOU will be included as it’s your information.

Ssss
      Participant

Thanks diymum.. Unfortunately I don’t have a soliciter. But I will try myself… Now I’ve got the name…
      And thank you want to help. For the name and going through it.. I will get on it..ive put it off for far too long..

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content