Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Cherrycake
      Participant

So I have a meeting with the police.
      To tell them anything and everything I can possibly remember about any emotional abuse my ex partner put me through.
      Any support would be great right now as it is today.
      I’m feeling terrified and embaressed as I have never sat and spoke about any of it before.
      And I’m worried what will happen after?
      Or if they don’t believe me… as it’s pretty difficult to prove if there are no physical marks.
      I have a lot running through my head so any wise words of advice would be great.
      Thankyou x

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Hi Cherrycake, I hope things went OK today and you managed to say what you wanted to and felt heard and supported. Did they let you know what works happen now? I know in the past I’ve felt a bit of an aftershock from disclosing things so I hope you have support around you tonight. Take good care of yourself, you’ve done well x

Cherrycake
      Participant

Oh is that what that was? I was feeling very un-nerved last night almost as if I made an awful decision.
      It went well, I’m very lucky that the gentleman was very supportive and understanding. I didn’t feel uncomfortable at all.
      The perp is being charged with a few things.
      But I have to make a video statement first… which I’m feeling really nervous about and I don’t know what to expect. They have taken it so seriously and he said how awful he was to me… yet to me it felt so normal I didn’t even rrealise how bad it had got. I’ll see what happens I guess, but I can now see why people are too scared to report anything, but I know it’s the right thing to do. None of my family know details and I want to keep it that way. I might call women’s aid later just to have somebody to talk too. Thankyou x

KIP.
      Participant

Hi cherrycake

I wanted to say well done. How very brave of you. Be prepared for more aftershocks. Everytime I had to relive an event and give statements it was like hitting a mental wall. Brain chatter, anxiety etc. It will get easier as time goes on. Initially it would happen that night, then it wouldn’t happen and I’d thought I’d gotten away with it but it would hit me the next day. Please get in touch with your local women’s aid, or rape crisis if appropriate. They can sit with you and help you with your interviews. We minimise the abuse we suffer as it creeps up on us over a long time and it becomes our ‘normal’. Then they have to abuse us worse to get the reaction they are after. Very sick people. By speaking out, you can help other women. You may find that he has done this to other women before you. You can ask the police for this information under ‘Claire’s law’. Keep posting and take all the help you can get ❤️ Women’s aid helpline number is on here. Give them a ring X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content