Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mumofcats
      Participant

Hi,

The social services want to get involved and I am so scared.

Please can you share only positive stories where social workers have helped you and your children.

Many thanks.

tryingtosleep
      Participant

Hi Mumofcats
      My family had intervention from an Early Help Social Worker – so it was voluntary – but it was the help that I needed at the time. She liaised between us and schools and also between the addiction centre where my ex was registered. She was the first person who pointed out to me that his behaviour was abusive and she clarified some of his inappropriate behaviour with the children. I know that it can be scary but generally they want to be supportive – and I literally cried when she closed the case – (as he was no longer living with us). I guess when we were referred I wanted to get him out – but didn’t know how to – having the social worker involved gave me confidence to do so x

Watersprite
      Participant

Yes my family had involvement from social services. It was with police. Social services were amazing they genuinely saved my life. I was as open as I could be trust took time to build and involved secrecy from my ex. I found the more open I was the more I trusted and spoke my story the more they helped. Honestly they saved mine and my families lives we got out. We would not be living the amazing life with our own choices and freedom that we all as individuals have now. Good luck I hope you get the support you deserve x

Mumofcats
      Participant

Thanks both of you for your input. I spoke to my counsellor and my case worker about it, and they reassured me.
      My concern is that they want to speak to the perpetrator, and that scares me as well. I don’t know how he will react.

Mumofcats
      Participant

Thanks both of you for your input. I spoke to my counsellor and my case worker about it, and they reassured me.
      My concern is that they want to speak to the perpetrator, and that scares me as well. I don’t know how he will react.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content