Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Greenplantgrow
      Participant

So I wanted to tell you all about what happened today. I am financially free from him and it feels great. Myself and my daughter are staying with a family member and he is staying in the house. I organised a appointment at the bank to set up my very own private bank account. I disclosed to the bank what was happening at home and they coudnt of been more helpful! I sat down with them for an hour and set up my very own account. Swapped over all my own direct debits and also set up a different address for my correspondence so nothing will get posted to the address that we are both registered as living there. The freedom I feel now is amazing! He has no hold over that side of things…. its just getting him to sell the house now. I also need to apply for some benefits in some way shape or form but can do this now I have my seperate account. I have enlisted with the council to try and find social housing for me and my little girl. He is playing Mr nice at the minute and wants everything to go back to normal. Today I am meeting up with him in a public place with my daughter so he can see her and to discuss when he will see her permanently. He is in denial and probably thinks that things will go back to normal… I on the other hand have found strength for once and will not budge! I will update you all on what happens today. 🙂

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Greenplantgrow

That is great news; we’ll done you! Your sense of liberation feels palpable. Enjoy the feeling. But by bit you’ll find yourself breaking more and more free.

Please take some legal advice before agreeing on unsupervised access to your daughter. Until you have something in place, you may find some useful information on the Gingerbread website. They also have a forum where you can ask questions to those who have walked this path before you.

nbumblebee
      Participant

Oh this is incredable what an achievement well done you.
      Keep going sweetie you got this x

Bananaboat
      Participant

Amazing well done! As you’re finding he’ll try lots of tactics now to hook you back, he’ll flip flop between nice and nasty but keep going, you got this x

Greenplantgrow
      Participant

So a little update…. we met up and it was all nice nice… I held firm and stood my ground… I left and then he turned nasty… messaging me about a credit card that I used in his name to replenish funds from a joint account that was running low and didn’t dare tell him at the time. He now is saying I am the one in the wrong. I have returned home as he said he would leave my dog alone, he said he will go to his mums house, I highly doubt it to be honest but we will see. I have my key in the door and locked it. If he does return later I will just have to take my daughter out of bed and go to my safe space again. I need to find somebody to short term look after my dog. 🙄

Wants To Help
        Participant

Hi, I’ve sent you a PM about dog fostering x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content