Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Yellowflower
      Participant

Just wondering if any of you lovely ladies have any inspiring/ eye opening quotes. I’ve found a few that have hit me the last few days: I was your cure and you were my disease. I was saving you but you were killing me….When a toxic person can no longer control you they will try to control how others see you. The misfortune will seem unfair but stay above it trusting that other people will see the truth just as you did… She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom.

KIP.
      Participant

You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start from now and change the ending. C S Lewis x

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

‘Good riddance to bad rubbish’ – by the lovely KIP

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I can relate to your last one particularly well
      ‘She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom.’😌

‘It’s ok to be me’ by me 🙃

EbonyRaven
      Participant

Grief is a matter of the heart and soul. Grieve your loss, allow it in, and spend time with it. Suffering is the optional part.

Louise Hay & David Kessler

Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside whilst still alive. – Tupac

The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind – Caroline Myss

I will never understand why you held me if you were afraid of my warmth. You should have known I was a fire. — Rupi Kaur

Escapee
      Participant

Tene Edwards

Know your worth

You must find the courage to leave the table if respect is no longer being served.

HunkyDory
      Participant

Sometimes, when one door closes, you just need to nail a board over it. True. 😂

KIP.
      Participant

Sometimes you have to burn bridges to prevent you going back over them 👍

Newbeginnings1234
      Participant

“I don’t know what my future holds, but it’s not your hand”
      “Don’t be afraid to start over again. This time you’re not starting from scratch, you’re starting from experience”

Anonymous
      Inactive

These are all lovely. I came on the positive board to pick myself up.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

What keeps me strong and motivated, all the women on here. My favourite story is an excerpt from The women who run with wolves, there was a young woman trying to see what was going on at a gathering of the clans, she noticed an older woman and offered her her shoulders to stand on and the old woman replied, no you stand on my shoulders as I stand on the shoulders of the women who came before me. As the young woman looked more closely she saw that the old woman was indeed standing on the shoulders of even older woman than she, stretching back to the first woman of time. The moral of this story being that we learn from those who went before us, that is the circle of life.
      IWMB 💞💞

lover of no contact
      Participant

I love that book “Women who run with the wolves “ by Clarissa Estes Pinkola. My favourite story is “Bluebeard” where she ends up with an abuser and how she gets awareness (opens the room he forbids her to open and it’s full of dead bones). She survives and gets free using help from others.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Let go of what is killing you, even though it is killing you to let go

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content