Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Living Warrior
      Participant

Hi lovelies,
      After the last positive post went down so well, Im back this week with a different type.
      This time I would like you to share, WISE WORDS/PHRASES/ AFFIRMATIONS.
      Basically, things you have heard, been told, that stuck with you and helped you.

I was once asked: why did i feel guilty for taking “me time”. Im guessing that most of you are the same. Then i was told a really good reason why “me time” is not selfish. I was told:
      we are all a jug of water, (yeah i know lol)
      every aspect of your life is a cup, (kids, partner, friends, work, housework, etc)
      when we put time and effort into each “cup” its like tipping water from a jug.
      what happens, when the jug is empty? (we would refill it)
      to be able to refill our jugs, we need to have “me time” to refill our energy to be able to do what we need.

that stuck with me, and i always think of it even now.

Also one of my favourite quotes is: “FEED ME TO THE LIONS, AND I WILL RETURN LEADING THE PACK”
      and just for a bit of fun, another one of my favourite quotes is:
      “I wish i was a glowworm,
      a glowworm is never glum.
      How can you be grumpy,
      when the sun shines out your bum!” lol always makes me laugh.

so ladies, inspire eachother!
      what wise words do you turn to..
      stay safe, stay positive!

soxy
      Participant

I Love those, the jug illustration is so good and the glowworm made me chuckle. This is such a good idea.

I read an illustration that stuck with me, when someone asks you ‘why don’t you just leave?’ it’s like saying to a caterpillar ‘why don’t you just fly?’. They can’t, they aren’t at the right stage, not ready, not the right time or it’s not safe. It doesn’t mean they wont, caterpillars turn into butterflies.

So everytime I see a butterfly or a caterpillar I think of this and one day I will have my wings and will be able to fly 🙂

Eggshells
      Participant

Nina Simone “It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life for me. And I’m feeling good.”

Living Warrior
      Participant

Awesome thank u ladies. I love the caterpillar one 🙂

Darcy
      Participant

Hi lovely ladies above… I love all these quotes

This was one that has always stuck with me …

”Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending”

As some of you may also know I had my own mantra that I use to say over and over in my head when I was with my ex

”I am going to have it all again and more”… and yes it worked, I have!

Darcy
      Participant

”A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not in the branch but in her own wings. Always believe in yourself and believe you can fly”

Secretlife
      Participant

Hi Living Warrior

I love the glow worm bit!

Wise words which have been said to me, and I frequently have to remind myself of them are:- Learn to be selfish! Very simple, but so true, we always put ourselves last! And, for all those men who use the menopause against us – the menopause doesn’t create problems, it makes problems that already existed harder to deal with because we no longer have the patience to put up with their c**p!!!! 😂 Xx

Darcy
      Participant

A lovely little book I would recommend for some self care is

The Art of Extreme Self Care by Cheryl Richardson

It really is very simple but really changed my thinking when I read it over 10 years ago, but has always stuck with me xx

soxy
      Participant

I just remembered this Julia Roberts quote and I love it!
      “Women, you are not rehabilitation centres for badly raised men. It’s not your job to fix him, change him, parent or raise him. You want a partner not a project.”

Living Warrior
      Participant

i love this soxy!! and is very applicable right now. thank you for sharing

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content