Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tammy
      Participant

Having been brave enough to end an abusive relationship, go forward and report it to the police, spend (Detail removed by moderator) months of turmoil spilling my heart and private life to them, (Detail removed by moderator) I find myself in dire straits financially. The bills are piling up and I’m too unwell to cope with it all. Cannot get financial aid or legal aid because have equity in the property! Yes, I know I have to sell it but am not strong enough yet. Just need some help to move forward, breathing space to recover, time to find get myself back but keep hitting walls… does anyone know where I can get help? Don’t say CAB because I’ve hit a wall there too! Not sure if I can carry on, how are we supposed to get through all this on top of what we have already been through?

KIP.
      Participant

Contact your local women’s aid. Ring the helpline on here. Don’t know what country you’re in but some offer legal aid to victims of domestic abuse. Look into that. Ring Rights for Women who offer free legal advice. Some organisations offer legal assistance too. Can you take in a lodger for a few months for extra cash? Borrow money against the equity in the house? I know you’re exhausted by it all. But keep going. There is light at the end of the tunnel, even if it doesn’t feel like it. Any family or friends that can help you out meantime. Any good jewellery you can sell. Any credit cards you can move to zero interest etc.

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Hi Tammy,
      So sorry you’re struggling, but you have achieved so very much. Well done! You should be so proud of yourself. Hang on in there. You’re on the home stretch now. Things just seem bleak because you’re so exhausted after all you’ve been through. Kip is right, all excellent suggestions to try. I’m sorry you’re hitting brick walls at present, but don’t let that defeat you. I’m sure at least some of Kip’s ideas will give you the help and advice you need.
      Keep posting and searching, I’m sure something will turn up soon.
      Wishing you strength and courage to continue on with your journey. You will see the light at the end of the tunnel soon ❤️

Tammy
      Participant

Thankyou for your support and suggestions I am so very low. Today I opened a letter addressed to my abuser from the bank congratulating him on the loan for £(Detail removed by moderator) he had just been approved for to buy a brand new (Detail removed by moderator)! Here I am struggling to get through the month,unable to pay any bills, living on the breadline and there he is buying a new (Detail removed by moderator)! I can’t believe this is possible and yet I’m not surprised… just another gesture to “kick me when I’m down” part of his campaign to destroy me! I know that I shouldn’t let it get to me but it does and now he’s put me right back to where I started, rock bottom. I’m on the outside of the world looking in and I dont belong anywhere. Is this a common feeling? I’m about to have a meter installed for gas and electric which I won’t be able to pay on and he’s rubbing my nose in it and I’m running out of strength to cope. I can’t talk to anyone because I think I’ve exhausted people with it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content