Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      TinkaBella
      Participant

Hi, I have messaged on here before as I was unsure whether what I’m experiencing is abuse and I think it is. I have one child already and have recently become pregnant. However all I seem to feel is anxious, I know how hard it is having a baby and it seems I will be doing this alone, although that might be better than being criticised every step of the way. He is a complete Jekyll & Hyde and somehow managed to twist everything around to make me feel like I’m the one in the wrong…he says he gives me all his money well that is only for bills and what he owes me through gambling! He seems to hugely resent the fact I only work part time and throws this back in my face all the time as well as using it as a reason not to do anything to help me round the house. He also says I am too close to my mum which perhaps might be true but the way he voices his opinions are quite simply vile. I’m meeting my friends for lunch (detail removed by Moderator) which is what caused his huge blow up as I said I might not have time to go shopping (detail removed by Moderator). Sorry I feel I’ve rambled on but it’s just so good to have a space to let these things out

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel… Tinkabella,
      I am saddened to hear that you are feeling so alone whilst pregnant, this should be such a joyful and happy time for you and your family.
      This man will not change and the situation will only get worse when you have 2 children to look after and are totally exhausted.
      You say you are close to your Mum, is there an option that you can go and live with her through your pregnancy? Any stress or upset will effect your unborn baby, your feelings and energy are the babies feelings and energy. If you don’t have the strength to save yourself, save your baby and child.
      Him being a gambler is also a red flag to me, this is addictive behavoiur. Is this the type of man you want to bring your family up with and to show your children a good example.
      While you still have friends and the support of your Mum around you, make the move and take action to set yourself up with a balanced, healthy, non toxic life style.
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content