Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Losingbattle
      Participant

After years of abuse with my ex I got back to feeling like myself again. Then boom… confidence takes a hit. I have my moments obviously but just recently I found out my current partner signed up to a dating app. He recently lost his (detail removed by Moderator) and said he did it to take his mind off the grief. Now straight away I said it was no excuse and made him aware how hurt I was. Yes grief makes us do crazy things but again, it’s no excuse. I haven’t ended the relationship but it’s knocked me back. Makes me feel sick. My ex cheated on me multiple times and I don’t want a repeat of the past. I will be having one more conversation with my partner and basically telling him that I won’t be having that behaviour from him. I do feel I can forgive him, I don’t believe it has gone as far as meeting anyone. It still hurts though. Past hurt comes flooding back

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Losingbattle,

I’m really sorry to hear about what’s happened and the impact it has had on your confidence. This is understandable and I imagine it’s brought up lots of old feelings.
      Trust and feeling safe in a relationship after experiencing abuse are incredibly important and it sounds like this incident has really affected these areas.

I hope you are doing okay this evening.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

swanlake
      Participant

That sounds a tough time. I have lots of triggers in my daily life and my current relationship and it’s difficult to deal with.
      Take very good care of yourself.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content