Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      fizzylem
      Participant

If there’s one emotion I dont like to feel its anger, I’ve felt it for too long and too often when I could have been doing other things. Ive been feeling much better lately, making plans and looking forward to the future, he hasnt been in my thoughts as often, but I feel the need to write a list of all the things I am angry with him for.

I know it will help me in someway, I need to reflect, feel and process most things, but it also feels like giving him my headspace, and I have found that filling my head with other things leaves me feeling better. If I go back and do this I will feel upset, angry, angst, trauma, it will effect me negatively, most likely leave me drained and withdrawn for a bit, and yet I feel the need to do it, then file it away. If this makes any sense. Is it time to stop going back? Or do I need to do this? Feel sick of it to be honest, just want to feel free.

KIP.
      Participant

Talking about it in counselling really helped me get it out of my head. Yes, in the short term it’s painful but I felt it was worth it. I have journals I kept which really helped. Just do a little at a time when the thoughts come to your head x write them down and get them out.

fizzylem
      Participant

Thanks KIP; good idea, if I do a bit when it comes to me it wont consume me, feels more manageable, thanks chick. Been for a counselling assessment but they said it’ll be 6 weeks, that was about a month ago, but feel the same, do I really want to drag it up again – gah! x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content