Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

My daughter and I we’re watching an A&E programme on TV and this little girl who was only 3 years old was one of the patients the documentary programme focused on. Her name was Lola.
      My husband doesn’t know we were watching this so it is safe to explain this.
      As I watched how beautiful and delightful Lola was despite her illness, I commented to my daughter how wonderful the father was, kind, funny, playful, attentive, loving etc. I said “that’s a brilliant father!”
      My daughter was amazed too to see how this dad was taking care of his daughter and how he was so natural at it. But my own daughter hasn’t got a father like that, and my daughter became ever so sad and quiet.
      She has been looking at houses in x area with me, on line. We found one which looked perfect.
      I told her, like Lola’s dad, I will make all the corners of that house less sharp, and our cats will give us the biggest cuddles we could ever have.
      But I have been noticing the sadness my daughter feels. She is extremely affected and she will carry with her the lack of affection her own father imposed on her.

I too have never felt loved. I just hope I can show in enough ways to my children what it means to love. I feel very sad for them.

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

Yes i think they do get days where they think why do they have such a c**p dad, but then they are consoled knowing that they have loving mums who love them loads and they really appreciate everything we do for them

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content