Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I cant stop thinking about things..i feel my ex had a mental health condition. Suffered in the past!! ..like ptsd … but why did he project it onto me … i know he was playing a game! He wanted to destroy me .why why me .why did he make me sick all i did was love him. I gave him my all but he could not handle that ..he wanted me to be dependent on him!! As iam independent strong and an empathy.. he has issues!! I wont let him destroy me.ive fought all my life . Used.as an empathy its sad at times because people drain my energy .

SaharaD
      Participant

I have a mental health condition. Borderline/ Emotionally Unstable personality disorder. I take full responsibility for my actions. I feel guilt. I try to protect others from my raging episodes. I take sedating medication or stay in my flat or call the police and ambulance on myself. I find other people who understand and actually care are calming. It’s worse when I am alone or when I’m with someone like an abuser who plays on it and triggers it and then points the finger at me to say I need to be in a straight jacket and locked away with the key thrown away. No one not even people with severe psychosis deserves that. This is the twenty first century not Victorian times.

He’s an abuser.. Of course he has abuser issues.

Just avoid toxic people and put boundaries in place to keep yourself safe.

Meringue
      Participant

I often think the same about my partner. He seems to project all sorts of things on to me and blame me for them when, in reality I am not thinking anything of the sort. I’m just trying to cope with the things that have happened to me in my life, and to do the best I can. I feel as though he takes out all his frustrations on me and blames me for them. But I don’t want to be his scapegoat any more and he won’t take responsibility for his unhappiness.

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

IamFree, it’s because you are such a kind, loving and empathetic person that you got chosen. You’ve done nothing wrong so please don’t blame yourself xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Iam not blaming myself. I just loved the monster till I seen his game .. but iam on the road to recovery now thank you for your comments xx

Nova
      Participant

…interesting thread…I know from researching his behaviour is BPD raging, anger, thrill seeking, irresponsible, self centred, dillusional,denial withdrawal,no emotional intelligence, awkward social skills, loner in many ways, lazy,ugly, jealous,full of hatred, unhelpful, wrecking negative, destructive, twisted manipulation, & all that is him…& more….

Then along comes the opposite of all the above…full of empathy, kindness,helpful, independent, pro active, fit!, going places, got ideas,full of fun, friends, assertive, emotionally centred (was), together, open & honest….& more.

The 2 just do not mix, he’s an cunning violent opportunist who projected all of his vile nastiness on me….as you say tried to destroy me. Evil V Good.

Thank God I’m out of his black hole, he leeched off me long enough….I feel like I’ve been living with a real monster. It will improve but these are early days, & it’s so so tough realising all this & being alone.

Group hugs x*x

Serenity
      Participant

One of my dearest friends has BPD. Like Sahara says, she feels great guilt at her ‘bad moments’ and works very hard to keep on track, putting things in place to help herself and protect those she loves.

I think an abuser is someone wholly different: as Cuppa so accurately put it, a violent opportunist – someone without guilt, who actually gets a high from limiting and destroying people. X

Anonymous
      Inactive

I will destroy him tomorrow!

Nova
      Participant

Good luck tomorrow I am free…I’m thinking of you & sending you positive vibes x*x

Serenity, I cant let your comment drop I’m afraid , it smacks of being told
      …thats my experience he has BPD.
      Abuse …its not one size fits all, each story is different.

Good luck Warrior queen, you are doing 100% the right thing for womens rights and raising awareness of domestic abuse. These animals need to learn that in society there is a certain code of conduct which does not involve terrorizing women. Keep us posted. X*X

Anonymous
      Inactive

I will fight till the end hun xx

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content