Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Nannycuddle
      Participant

Hello and thank you to all the courageous contributors and moderators who have provided a safe sanctuary here and trusting space to reach out. I am hoping that I can connect with other mothers/grandmothers who are supporting daughters, sons or grandchildren to learn from and nourish each other? Thank You for reading and I am grateful in advance 🌸

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Thank you for being there, it means so much fir someone to believe us and catch us.
      IWMB 💕💕

Nannycuddle
      Participant

Thank You for your reply IWMB 🌺
      I believe without hesitation, always x
      I am a (detail removed by Moderator) with a decade of experience working with women and yet I still feel alone and frightened for my vulnerable daughter and grandchildren. It really does take a village to raise a child – all the strategies and tools I have acquired guide me, to be able to hold them close – but, I realise that women supporting women need each other, who truly understand, who have walked this path of uncertainty and share the fears when personal and professional worlds collide x
      I’ve joined women’s aid to receive support and also to give, as a mum to learn more from the brave women here, and as a nanny of little people who are adored and my entire world. I’m also a woman in a (detail removed by Moderator) year emotionally empty marriage and maybe I will find the courage to make decisions for my own future, but the priority is the safety of my daughter and grandchildren and moving forward on a journey with no map. Thank you for listening 🌸

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there and you’re so welcome. That’s what I love about this forum, we support each other unconditionally. women helping women since time immemorial. I’m reading a book called the women who run with wolves and its that very subject at the heart of the story. There’s one part that talks of younger women standing on the shoulders of the older women right back to the dawn of civilisation and the first wild woman, it’s deep and thought provoking. I’m a firm believer in learning from our elders, it’s a pity the west dont treat older people the same way as they do in other cultures, revere their wisdom instead of trying to hide them away. Take care of yourself as much as you’re doing fir your daughter and grandchildren💜IWMB 💕💕

Love that book. as you all know.
      Perhaps we can all reframe ‘the journey with no map’.
      This means we have ‘no map’ but also means the world is our oyster and we can all go where we choose. IN that sense we are all together, across generations of women and we can do anything. Anything at all.
      all best
      ftc
      x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

💜💪😀.
      I like the sound of that ftc
      💕🐟

Nannycuddle
      Participant

I like the sound of that very much too 🌸

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content