Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Woollymammal
      Participant

Hi All,

Me again, I finally broke down after my brain wouldn’t stop going over and over things 24hrs a day 7 days a week.. Even with sleeping tablets my brain was still going all night too..
      I’m exhausted, I met with my physchologist and physchiatrist.. I was frightened to tell him the things in my head, in case he admitted me to the mental institution..
      I’ve had to keep so much in and together for so many yrs..
      Anyway the physchiatrist said he was going to prescribe me a psychotic drug, although he did say I hadn’t got psychosis but very severe anxiety…
      It’s liquid, I had it for 2 wks before he saw me again..
      I have actually done a few things I haven’t don’t for ages, even dyed my very grey hair..
      My brain is very full still and very busy but not as noisy..
      For some reason by me feeling very very slightly better my stupid brain thought he would stop being abusive…
      My brain also thought, maybe I’ll get tougher and stand up for myself more, knowing I would have to then probably have to face violence again as well as emotional..
      Okay so I realise I’m not going to be who I was or who I could be because I’m still here..
      I was maybe thinking as my family had agreed to look after my fur babies that maybe a refuge where I wasn’t alone and could talk to people might be that better option..
      What you ladies think?

X*x

Yellowflower
      Participant

firstly can I say I am so sorry to hear your going through all this. I am no professional all I can say is I remember how confused I was when I was with him. I was drained mentally exhausted from him screaming and shouting at me from walking on egg shells constantly thinking about what I said and did and how it may set him off. Since I left the fog has lifted. I feel less confused even after a short while. I’m educating myself and talking to others in similar situations. Until you step away from the crazy you can’t even begin to think clearly. Refuge sounds like a good idea you need to have space and be alone with your thoughts to even begin to heal hun xx

Escapee
      Participant

Hi Woollymammal,

I say surround yourself with as much support as possible!

It’s brilliant that you’ve felt able to dye your hair and dish out some self love 😊.

I can’t advise you in relation to staying at a refuge but if that’s what you need to be safe and you don’t need to worry about your fur babies then go for it. You safety is the most important thing.

Woollymammal
      Participant

Thank you both for your replies, about (detail removed by moderator) wks ago I was going to leave for the 5th time, I had the keys.. indent and looked again with my niece.. I realised if I went there I would kill myself, I was so mentally ill I couldn’t go.. I gave the keys bk the next day…
      I felt relieved, I was less stressed.. had the new drug 2 weeks later, but I’m not sure about a refuge just thinking it might be more helpful knowing there was help on hand..
      Has anyone been to a refuge to know what it’s like?

X*x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi WM,
      Just wondering how you are doing? If you are considering going to refuge it may be a good idea to call the helpline on 0808 2000247 and ask any questions you may have. It is a big decision to make, and can be helpful to talk things through.
      Best Wishes
      Lisa

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Woollymammal

Yes please honey go for it. You’ll have safety, security, daily routine, food, shelter, social contacts from other women going through similar who can share tips with you or just listen to you and talk with you or play cards or knit together, the staff will be able to help you with your next steps, and of course it isn’t the Sheraton but it’ll do just fine because you’ll be safe.

You are not alone with the psychotic pills, I too have to take those every night to reduce my anxiety, I am not diagnosed with psychosis either but apparently at low dosage those pills function as anti-anxiety medicine.

Whenever you feel overwhelmed with thoughts, try walking them off. One step for every thought. Until your mind has calmed down. You’ll sleep better at night as well.

Sending you strength and many hugs 💕
      Keep safe and keep posting

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content