Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wispatea
      Participant

Today I had an appointment with my local mental health team. My scores on the PTSD form are alarmingly high. I difficulty I am having is my ex has PTSD and I know from him all the signs and symptoms. Mine are the same but I just doubt myself so much that I could have the same as him from our relationship. am I actually making it up???? But I know I am not. I feel so mad and that I am waisting everyones time over a simple break up. How do you come to terms with it all? my time frames are relatively short but over the period of PTSD being reliably diagnosed. He left me claiming I was the abusive one.

Bananaboat
      Participant

Hello, I didn’t want to read and run. I’ve not been through this process so can’t help there but reading your post I wondered if it’s more likely that he’s learnt what answers to put on that form from perhaps a previous partner having a similar experience to you, as you say you learnt the signs and symptoms from him and he’s manipulating things to make it look like he’s the victim/suffering here. It’s the kind of thing an abuser might do sadly.

Wispatea
      Participant

Hi, Thank you. He honestly didn’t have any relationships before me that he ever spoke about. He said his longest was 6 months. But never said a name or anything. (detail removed by moderator) I believe he does have it he defiantly seemed to use it to control me. He also had many affairs before his diagnosis. I just didn’t know about them. ~It is def not so present in his life now but his new tactic as I said above is blaming me for the abuse.

Bananaboat
        Participant

Just because he didn’t tell you doesn’t mean they didn’t happen and perhaps something happened in the six month long ones, or maybe his ptsd is completely unrelated. Eitherway he’s using it against you. Try to look at your own diagnosis separately to him and get the treatment and support you need. He needs to do the same instead of blaming you or the world. They say if you’re asking the question ‘am I the abuser’ means you’re not, as the abuser doesn’t have that awareness or care. x

Wispatea
      Participant

Thank you. This self doubt is crippling and all the processes are so long it just drags it all out. xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content