Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

Recently came back to bite me. Only this time I’m not scared of him. It’s like I’ve moved on from him but I’m still dealing with the trauma he left. It’s like they are now two separate issues? Because of the length of the abuse the doc says I will probably have to live with this for the rest of my life in some form. None of the other so called professionals have had the guts to tell me this. I’m ok about it and if I’d been told this first time round, it wouldn’t have been such a shock the second time. It’s much easier when I know what I’m dealing with.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi kip . My ex has pyscolocical damaged me . The flash backs the abuse .things he said to me . How can a person say i love you then treat us so aweful . Some days iam ok other days iam at breaking point . How much can i take before i hit the floor 😢😢😢😢 i was diagnosed with ptsd of the trauma . I will not forgive him kip

KIP.
      Participant

I will never forgive my ex either but I can now accept that I have moved on from him. I can detach him from the mental problems i now have to deal with. Al first it was my ex who terrified me. Now i can see its the trauma that is causing my problems. Ive reslised that he will be arrested if he comes near me again and i really dont think he will risk that. Rationally he wont try anything obvious. Now i have told the world what he is, he cannot risk that. I will deal with the trauma like it was any other illness. I will research and get help where i can. I will work on myslef and make improvements where i can. He is irrelevant ❤️

Serenity
      Participant

I know what you mean. KIP.

I’ve totally moved on from him, but the symptoms still exist – some times more than others.

It will take a lot of time. Maybe we won’t ever return exactly to how we were before, but I do believe we are stronger than we were before.

It’s hard to prescribe what to do, because each of us is different, but I think that we must just live our lives now doing what hat I good for our health. Take ownership of our our lives. We spent too long putting others first and neglecting ourselves x

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

Sending u hugs, yes can relate to what u saying, i think we are just deeply traumatised from what we exprienced with them, triggers can set us off leaving us feeling really low , i think i myself just block everythign to cope, i just want the divorce over and done with and cut from mylife, but again as we know its a lengthy process. I have days where i say i am not going to let the negative thoughts stay with me, it is really hard to stay positive , but just keep at it otherwise they win, remember the final win is moving on

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content