Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lightness
      Participant

Hi ladies
      Just want to share some good news in case it is encouraging to others.

This week I feel I have turned a bit of a corner with my anxiety (the most stubborn of my PTSD symptoms). Things that would usually have been big anxiety triggers to me (giving me panic attacks) have not caused me to feel anxious. I’m really surprised by this. I was starting to think the anxiety would always be part of me. I hope this change is something that will continue – I have been up and down with my recovery journey, but it does give me (and hopefully you) a lot of hope.

Maybe the body does know how to heal from trauma…..

Maybe the yoga and mindful meditation that I do is really paying off….

WITHOUT DOUBT my body is feeling the benefits of being out of the relationship and in no contact….

It’s amazing how consciously I didn’t know that I was in an abusive relationship and yet all the time my body knew and was suffering and trying to tell me something was very wrong. I couldn’t understand why I was having panic attacks. And now, x time out of the relationship the anxiety attacks are disappearing. It’s wonderful.

Sending you all lightness

Lx

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi Lightness,

This is great to hear that you are making such good progress in your healing recovery journey. It is comforting to know that the mind, body, heart and soul can heal from trauma.

I was the same as you – I had no idea consciously that I was in an abusive relationship. The narrative in my head was ‘I have a wonderful boyfriend who occasionally says and does things that hurt me mentally and physically’ and I rationalised this by telling myself he was accidentally rough/clumsy and insensitive. Meanwhile I was losing weight rapidly, couldn’t eat, was sleeping half the day, felt exhausted all the time, was crying half the week, couldn’t concentrate on my work, my productively dropped incredibly, started to get inexplicably deeply depressed and was so anxious I started to wake up vomiting. I also had other weird unexplained bodily symptoms that have since all disappeared with him.

What a relief we can now heal. Well done for working so hard on your recovery, I’m certain the yoga and meditation is paying off 🙂

Dragonfly
      Participant

Hi

This is particularly helpful to me right now. I experienced the same. I’m off work at the moment, anxiety and PTSD. I needed the time for me. I’m feeling a bit more relaxed. So it’s good to know it gets easier. Thank you x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content