Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Woollymammal
      Participant

Hi All,

Ladies could i ask a bit of a personal question.. have you all found that your food as well as everything else has been controlled..
      When I met my Abusive now husband I was a size 8..
      I am now a size 18..

Hugs x*x

Bethesda
      Participant

Oh my darling…
      I don’t know because I’m pretty almost anorexic and alcoholic right now
      I’ve been always slim but right now I’m just a skeletor
      Opposite way,he makes me feel sick of food,I can’t take it
      My anxiety is just smoke and drink beer
      I can’t take the food anymore,just the necessary to not be dead…I have a massive knot in my stomach
      But I understand no one acts the same,someone eats lots,someone drinks and smokes lots,someone just gets on drugs…
      It’s all the same s**t
      I don’t blame you,please,just take care of yourself
      Lots of love and kisses
      Xxxx

lover of no contact
      Participant

My 2 daughters put on weight as a result of abuser’s behaviors. He’d start and they’d be affected by his behaviors and I’d see them eating before my eyes. I too would reach for sweet sugary things without realizing it. My daughter has been abroad for a year and she has lost all the weight. She is calm, happy and in such a good place away from her abuser-dad.

Had.enough
      Participant

I have put on weight since leaving… comfort eating.

HunkyDory
      Participant

I’m like Bethesda. I lost a lot of weight over the last 18 months because of the stress and him constantly messaging young beautiful women. It made me feel like I wasn’t attractive. So I lost weight partly for me and health reasons and partly to try to get his attention / affection. He never even commented on my weight loss. Until he realised I was looking quite good and I attracted attention from someone at a gathering we were at and that was the end of us after he attacked me in front of everyone. Still smoke and drink too much and stayed the same weight since he went. Woolly, are you out or planning to be? It’s horrible having your life controlled like that and if you’re unhappy with your weight. I joined a slimming club and found it a great help. Xx

maddog
      Participant

It can swing either way. I find it makes a huge difference to be believed. At the moment I’ve had that so knocked out of me that looking after myself is nigh on impossible.

Had.enough
        Participant

maddog Believed by family members or law enforcement? Sorry you feel this way.

HunkyDory
        Participant

Who doesn’t believe you maddog? I hope you find a way through, we’re all here for you. Xx💪💪

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Yes absolutely, he controlled my food intake especially tightly towards the end, denying me money to buy food for myself and our children – I was a stay at home mum temporarily thus financially dependent of him. I lost weight. Then when my very young children started to loose weight too, my heart broke, panic attacks set in, big alarms bells went off and we fled the situation fairly quickly. Literally for survival.

I am sorry he did the opposite to you.

To loose your weight, if you don’t mind me suggesting following tips:
      • Drink plenty of water, first thing in the morning to detox your entire body.
      • eat plenty during the day then only eat vegetables and fruits and protein in the evening. No carbohydrates intake in the evening will lead to steady long term weight loss.
      • exercise.

maddog
      Participant

I’m believed by the police and social services. I am not believed in the family courts. All evidence has been ignored. It has and still is taking me a long time to believe myself after a lifetime of abuse. My life is an unholy mess. Sorry to barge. So glad you’re posting, Woolymammal!

Goggleeyes
      Participant

Oh my word yes. Food was controlled for me too. I was on this roller coaster. When we first met I was a small size, then I needed “fattening up”, then when my clothing sizes went to a 14 I was yo fat, hideous and ugly.
      Then I’d work on my diet, exercise only to be sabotaged by him buying food that he knew I didn’t want to eat. When I got upset about it he’d say but your working so hard I got you a treat as a reward.
      If I didn’t eat it, I’d get blamed, shouted at for shirking his kindness. If I did eat it I’d get blamed for not working hard enough to reduce my weight. It was vicious cycle of abuse and self loathing.
      When I was close to leaving I was so distraught, lack of sleep etc I stopped 3 clothing sizes in a month. It was to quick but I was so stressed.
      Now that I’ve left I’m a much happier, healthier version of myself 😊

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content