Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Littlelemon1234
      Participant

Ive posted before in a previous thread. I’m currently trying to leave my partner. I’ve tried to speak to my mum but I don’t think she fully understands, she’s told me to wait it out until lockdown finishes. But I don’t think I can do that. I don’t think I’d be allowed back in the family home as there is not the room.

I have no where else to go when I do leave. I don’t know a lot about refuges, I’m worried that because I’m a key worker I may not be allowed? If I was, would I still be allowed to go to work?

I really don’t know what to do 😭

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there, I’m in refuge accommodation, it’s a2bed flat, ive my own front key, come and go as I please. It depends on the availability of properties. Where I live is one of the biggest areas, so they have a lot of properties. Some are complexes, one front door with different rooms. Think it just depends on what’s available tbh. Contact your local WA, it’s the not knowing and also it’s another step away from him that so often keeps us frozen,unable to make a decision or phonecall.
      Good luck and also thank you fir what you are doing at this moment in time.
      IWMB 💞💞

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi,

I lived in a refuge for (detail removed by moderator) and then moved to a DA Community House for another (detail removed by moderator) until I could get back on my feet. Whilst in Refuge I could come and go as I pleased as I had my own place, however, I could not give the address to anyone at all (could only give a PO Box address) and I couldn’t have any friends or family there. Once I got my Community House I could treat it as my own and have friends round etc. The support I got from the DA Support Staff, the counselling (group and individual) was what really empowered me and ‘educated’ me about the situation I was in. At times it was very lonely and isolating, but it was better than being abused. It was a long journey to recovery, but being in Refuge definitely gave me the strength to leave once and for all. I liken my journey to a series of mountains; the first one is huge, then just as you get to the top you see the peak of an even bigger one behind it! After climbing three of them I finally got to the lovely, grassy plain after it where I can run free.

Statshine
      Participant

Thanks to all who have answered this
      I’m currently sleeping on a sofa and really need to start getting support.
      I am hoping to move back to my home city does anyone know how to do this?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content