Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      SunflowerSeed
      Participant

I’ve got to a point where I can’t take things anymore. Me and my child have moved out with family temporarily while we figure out what to do just to escape things.
      I finally reported it to the police and they’ve asked me to come into the station today. What’s going to happen? I’m so anxious. Have I done the right thing or should I have just focused on a court order?
      What if he hasn’t been abusive what if it was just a toxic relationship.
      Questioning any little thing I’ve ever said or done that was wrong. Worrying if I’ve taken the right step. I really don’t want a criminal trial I just want to be able to get back to my home and feel safe.
      Should I pull the plug? I was just advised to log it with police but this seems so intense and I don’t know if I’m ready. But equally I need help!

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hello Sunflowerseed. Bless you your in a state there by the sounds of your anxiety. Don’t panic! You have been Asked! To come into the police station, because you reported. Remember that’s good! You get your chance to be heard! & explain everything now! You have done nothing wrong! So just keep that in your mind! Just keep your mind on that ok. Your obviously in turmoil now worrying about everything! And now the ss has been mentioned so that’s going to fuel your anxiety isn’t it, obviously! Just remember, you left because of not being able to take it anymore and because of concerns for you and importantly! Your child!! Your showing responsibility! That’s what police and more so! ss will be looking to see! You mentioned you just want to go back home? Is it wise to say that now? to people who will be looking at the situation around you and your child! They will consider… Any abuse affecting? That will be a risk to your child and your ability to protect from that happening! It must be affecting! (detail removed by Moderator) I don’t know about DV abuse situations involving children? But wish you good luck and just finish with…can you really just go back and forget what you know? Go back…Feel safe at home? Bear this in mind yeah?💞

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi SunflowerSeed,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum. I hope you find the forum a safe and supportive place to be with others who understand. It is understandable you feel anxious about speaking to the police as it takes such courage to talk about abuse and to reach out for support. It can feel very overwhelming. If you feel like you are in need of some support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (open every day). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Do keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on. We are here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content