Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      LookingForAnswers
      Participant

can people tell me what questions they asked, or wanted to ask there solicitor right at the beginning please?

I have a chance to get some free legal advice and I am writing a list (as advised by you lovely lot on here!!) to go through and ask them. its not the 30mins free given by solicitors, so doesn’t matter how many questions I have. i have been doing a bit of reading online, so kind of know the answer to some, but getting it from someone ‘official’ will be very reassuring.

So far I have, in no order:

What are the steps in getting a non-mol or occupation order. can I get both at the same time? will he be informed I’m getting them, or can they just be served? what prove/evidence do you need to get one. (I have looked at the emergency one, forgot what is called, but in the honeymoon period)

I have been in contact with WA and the police, do I need to get evidence of that, or will the solicitor?

If I cant afford the house (mortgage) can my husband stop me from selling it? also are the assists spilt 50/50?
      If I can afford the house to buy him out, will I have to give him 50% of the equity?
      what happens to any outstanding bills (ie loan to pay for new kitchen) will that be taken out first then spilt?

What contact with the kids do I have to allow? hoping to do it through 3rd party.

Any more?? Thank you!!

Iwantmeback
      Participant

These are similar to what i need to ask. I have new windows. The contract is in h8s name yet the money comes of my account. Said he’d give me it and has only gave me so much once. We havent long left to our mortgage, so do i just tough this out. I can see freedom so much now i can taste it, but somehow he always manages to get me up to my neck in debt and i feel sucked back it

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content