Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

I’ve just spent ages sitting and going round and round in my head and some scribbling now thrown away, about how to help one of my children (bit young children ) with something. Normally I might openly post about it on here, but because I’ve been reading posts on here, partly because I’m searching for anything similar that might help, I just feel that everything important I want to do in life connects directly or convolutedly back to raisin a decade ago that I was in an abusive marriage. It’s even made me feel a bit paranoid, as I have done before, about who might be able to identify me on here, so I’m being vague. I’ve decided I can’t do anything about this thing right noway as I’m trying to decide if someone on the periphery of the situation is abusive, a bit controlling, just doesn’t like me, is in a bad mood, and so on and so on.

It’s paralysing. But I’m just parking it for now.

Eve
      x

Eve1
      Participant

Can’t go back and edit now for some reason.

Should say :
      ‘(not young children )’
      ‘realising a decade ago’ not raisin

Wanted to say, the rabbit hole is reading and thinking about abuse. Everything feels like it relates back to it, but sometimes it gets too unhealthy-feeling to keep thinking about it.

Eve

Lottieblue
      Participant

Hi Eve,
      It’s really tricky on here sometimes, isn’t it, trying not to put identifying details, but enough detail for it to make sense. And sometimes if it’s moderated it stops making any sense at all!
      It’s quite likely that other people on this forum have indeed had some sort of similar experience so you could compare notes, but it would be really helpful if you clarify a bit what you are trying to say.

Am I understanding correctly that one of your children (still a minor, or adult now?) has an issue, and you think it stems back to your abusive relationship?

And the person on the periphery that you talk about, is that a family member? Is this connected to your abusive ex, or another situation entirely?

As I say, I’m sure that you could get advice here – can you try and break it down so the right people can home in on you?

LB x

Eve1
      Participant

Hi LB,

Thanks for your reply. Yes it would need more detail for anyone to help or even reply really! So I appreciate your suggestions. But I think I’m a bit clearer in my mind now so I’m just going to leave this post at that.

Thanks again

Eve
      x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content