Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

I wonder whether any of you experience more racism after the Brexit.
      I had an experience this weekend and it upset me a lot.
      I know what they said is nonsense, it just reveiled their mindset.
      I find that I have too much to deal with. I try to heal from severe abuse without any support and then I have to deal with racism as well.
      I think I turn into a moaner.
      I also think I should speak to the police because I am worried about my safety. It is not only the revenge of the abuser which I have to fear, but also the hatred of the neighbourhood.
      These people do not know me. They see me when I leave the house and I always greet them and smile at them. I do not understand why they hate me. I have not done anything to them.

Dear Ayanna, I am sorry that you feel this way. Racism is rife where I live and work, it makes me feel uncomfortable and embarrassed that people act that way towards other people. I see some situations where people make their views known about their dislike of other cultures and it makes me sad inside. Unfortunatly you are dealing with people who are ignorant of others, they cannot embrace any change and have a sadly narrow mindset. I have always loved different cultures from a little girl, my friends then and now from other parts of the world and this so benefits my life. X*X

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content