Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      minimeerkat
      Participant

i dont know if i am able to post this or whether it will be deleted – if so then i will of course understand completely

i have said before that i have never ever done any form of social media. (detail removed by Moderator)

but today an email appeared from (detail removed by Moderator) raising awareness of domestic abuse. it referred to tragic circumstances surrounding a (detail removed by Moderator) in my locality (detail removed by Moderator)
      it acknowledged that many, especially women who were still enduring domestic abuse saying they were experiencing being:
      controlled
      demeaned
      gaslighted
      belittled
      ridiculed
      that they walk on eggshells
      that they face constant criticism
      that they live with jealousy, suspicion & rage

it naturally gave several points of contact for anyone who needed help

sadly women on this forum are posting due to experiencing many of the things listed above. so please know that there are people you can contact for help & advice
      stay as safe as you can x

nbumblebee
      Participant

Sadly every single point you have raised here is true for me and i know so many others yet still I know myself i feel i dont deserve outside help ive never contacted WA or a DA charity as i feel what I go theough isnt abuse and isnt as bad as others they deserve the help. Yes i see a counsellor but even that fills me with so much guilt i cant even talk to her properly!!!! But you are right you are always so right and i am so grateful for the help you have given me you are right for those brave enough there is help out there sadly but gratefully we are not alone. X*x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content