Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tinkerbell
      Participant

Been to rasa (detail removed by moderator) left me feeling devastated and scared. (detail removed by moderator) What if no one believes me, what if my mind has made it all up? How can reporting something that happened decades ago help now? What if I can’t remember the details, even though I remember every detail. My head is buzzing I’m so tired I feel so ill, I can’t stop crying, I still have to get up and do my normal everyday stuff tomorrow. Called Samaritans, don’t want to talk to anyone, scared of repercussions and consequences, scared of loosing a friend because of this. No one to support me here, just can’t think at the moment. Want to forget this all happened, don’t want to face this. Other stuff I told them just can’t even go there, feeling so lost

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, I reported the historical rape and I don’t regret it. Every time I had to recall the abuse there was this terrible emotional aftershock. Initially it was within a couple of hours, then it might come the next day, but it got less and less the more I spoke about it. I gave (detail removed by moderator) hours of interviews. There is no time limit on reporting rape so don’t put yourself under extra stress that you don’t need just now. If you can’t speak to rape crisis lady then write it down or show her your post. Victim support were also a good help. They event kept contacting me after the court case was over just to make sure I was doing ok. That 10 minute call every three weeks was a huge help to me. My abuser always told me that nobody would believe me but every single person I have told believed me. (detail removed by moderator) Do you have a local women’s aid that you can contact and who can give you the support that you need? These feelings will pass but in the meantime perhaps ask your GP for some councelling? Stay strong and take baby steps x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content