Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #9697

      Dear all,

      This is my first time ever post on this website, so I feel a bit apprehensive. I am a gender violence survivor. I was married for [detail removed by moderator] years, suffered aggressions almost right from the beginning, left the perpetrator over [detail removed by moderator] years ago, (one of the best things I’ve ever done). I was living on a Woman’s Refuge for a very short period of time, until I moved to a housing community that operated on housing co-operative principles. Last year we were served with a notice to quit by the social housing provider than owns the property. The point is that right now we have received some funding to continue with the community somewhere else. I have made clear several times to my fellow house mates that I can’t live in one of the London’s Boroughs as the perpetrator lives, work and thrives in there, I requested this Borough to be ruled out from the search for a new home as it would put me at risk of being spotted by him, follow, stalked and killed, however and although there are over 30’s boroughs in London, my fellow “house mates” aren’t willing to completely rule out a property on that area. I feel shattered as I always made clear to them my situation, I can’t understand how someone can feel that the live of someone is not a paramount concern, specially for a community who stated on their principles that “members care about each other”. I feel I have lost 5 years of my live by staying in here and I am left in the lurch as if I have to live on my own I will find it financially impossible plus struggle with a support network. I feel that I am been abused once more by the attitude of my house mates.

    • #9709


      Poor u hun, i dont blame u not wanting to go back to that town, your house mates r been very selfish, id suggest looking at your own private house share, i know u lot have been together for five years but at moment this is only way i can see out for u, call shelter for guidance if there is any other housing option they can guide u, maybe speak to housing at council or call womens aid if they can guide u, hopefully some one else wil be able to guide u furhter, stay strong and dont lose hope

    • #9868

      Hi FK

      I would suggest speaking to shelter and getting a legal advisor.

      Shelter London

      020 3393 7590
      0344 515 1212

      They are best placed to advise you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content